VVIBE WITH ME: in a Large Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt + Pink Fishnets

girl standing in bed on one leg wearing pink fishnets and an oversized polo shirt

I think I peaked at 19 and should have died there, I’m not being dramatic, I just had everything I had ever wanted.

I was living in London when I was 19, studying at the London College of Fashion, living the dream you could say. It had always been my dream to live there because of Doctor Who and my ridiculous love for British stuff, from music to tv to food, I still miss cocoa pops.

This polo shirt is from that semester abroad, it’s my ex’s, he was fucking huge, he was a rugby player on the weekends, hence why the shirt is a dress on me, but I didn’t vibe with it until this year and before that, I didn’t vibe with polos in general until I got obsessed with Kingsman: Secret Service in 2019.

The Wombats because it
 was my song with my ex,
his name was Paris and
the first thing that crossed
my mind when we met was
“what a fucking greek tragredy, huh?”
You see I already adored Kingsman and Taron Egerton, but I had a brutal Taron Egerton as Elton John phase in which I watched only Rocketman for a month and a half. Every friday I’d go to the cinema and watch it alone.

There was something so delicate and brutal about that movie, might write about it someday, but back to the point, I was having a mean bitch phase, I was angry and that anger turned into only wearing boy’s clothes and black, red, and grey for 6 months, and I was obsessed with Eggsy, so I bought a black polo shirt.

Also, the existence of chav culture fascinates me, not in a bad way, I just think it’s kind of cool and also the origin of the word “chave” in Brazilian Portuguese, which is used to describe the Brazilian version of chavs.

I then declared, probably whilst drinking a beer, that polo shirts would come back soon, in 1 year to cool kids and 2 to mainstream buyers, I think I was correct, I’ve been seeing them a LOT over the last few months and I believe after Covid officially ends we are going to see it everywhere.

girl standing on one leg with the other in the air in a kicking motion, wearing pink fishnets, a polo shirt and sunglasses, natural wavy hair worn loose, hands on her hips
vvibing in a polo shirt, large, ralph lauren ($myex's), pink fishnets (R$12, 2013), pink duvet from zelo($mybrother's), red duvet from zelo($mymom's), sunglasses from 25 de Março (R$40, 2019)

Anyways, I really vibe with them now and I also want a striped rugby jersey, as soon as quarantine is over I’m gonna go thrifting with Tina to find it.

vintage catalog image of rugby jerseys, a few of the digitally circled

Are you also vvibing with polo shirts? How are you guys? What's the next thing on your wishlist?

OUTFITS, OUTFIT OF THE DAY, OUTFIT INSPIRATION, TREND FORECASTING, POLO SHIRT, OVERSIZED, OVERSIZED FASHION INSPO, DARK BLUE, ROYAL BLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

A BIT MORE THAN 365 VVIBES AKA THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

It's around 11pm right now and it just occurred to me that this blog is completed 1 year THIS MONTH!!!!!!! I know I said this was going ...